Pros & Cons of Wearing Short Cowboy Boots
If you’re looking for a way to get in on the cowboy boot trend but want to do something a little different, maybe it’s time to take a closer look at short cowboy boots. Before we get into the 3 awesome pairs we chose, let’s take a closer look at some of the pros and cons of wearing short cowboy boots.
- They’re a lot more practical for daily wear. While you might not be able to get away with wearing a regular pair of cowboy boots, say, to the office, dress up a pair of short cowboy boots right and you’ll be within dress code and insanely stylish.
- They’re very versatile. You can wear the same pair to work, to run errands, and out for a night on the town and achieve 3 very different, very fashionable looks.
- They’re more comfortable than high heels. While your feet will ache by the time you get home from wearing a pair of heels all day, short cowboy boots have a lower heel that’s the perfect height for adding length and height without sacrificing comfort.
So, short cowboy boots, also known as ankle boots or cowgirl boots, are practical, stylish, versatile, and comfortable. What’s the downside?
- Short cowboy boots can be hard to pull off if you’re petite unless you go really short and stick with an ankle boot. Because short boots cover the ankle and hit at the bottom of your shin, this can make a short person appear even shorter.
- If you’re wearing short boots because you love the way they look, you probably won’t mind that they’re not actually authentic cowboy boots. After all, one of the most important features of a true cowboy boot is its height. It’s likely that this isn’t important to you from a stylistic perspective but remember that people comment on everything these days. If you post a photo of yourself on social media wearing your short boots, don’t be surprised if someone takes it as an opportunity to tell you that they’re not “real” cowboy boots because a cowboy wouldn’t wear them.
- Short cowboy boots are not the right footwear to wear if you’re going to be riding a horse or working on a ranch. They just aren’t high enough to protect your legs when on a ride or around the barn. If you want a pair of cowboy boots best equipped for that kind of work, stick with a functional high pair.
3 Pairs of Short Cowboy Boots Ladies Will Love
As you can see, there are good and bad things about wearing short cowboy boots. But, the truth is, unless you need a pair of cowboy boots for ranch work, you should wear whatever you want! Who cares what people think? If you like them and you feel good wearing them, well, that’s all that should matter. If you’re ready to take the plunge into short cowboy boots, we picked 3 great pairs for you to try.
1. ZooShoo Western Slip-On Stacked Heel Bootie
These booties are the perfect blend of modern bootie with a western flair. The upper is made of 100% vegan fabric that’s completely eco-friendly. It’s super soft and comfortable and the distressed detail gives them a worn, authentic look. If you’re looking for a versatile pair of boots that you can dress up or down, you’re going to love these booties. The rubber outsole stays comfortable all day and the small 2.75-inch heel dresses them up a bit while giving you some extra height and lengthening your legs. These boots are available in taupe, black, and toffee and go with pretty much anything.
What we love most about these boots is that they have the perfect amount of cowboy boot to them. They have the cut, style, and stitching of a cowboy boot foot but without going overboard.
2. Premier Standard Western Cowgirl Closed Toe Bootie
For a pair of western style boots with a little extra flair, you have to take a look at these closed-toe booties from Premier Standard. The sleek upper boot is made of brushed vegan suede. It slides on easily thanks to the outer zipper, which boasts an eye-catching fringe accent. These boots have a low, stacked 2-inch heel that’s supportive yet stylish. The outsole itself is made of sturdy rubber so you can wear it all day and still be comfortable. They go with anything, too. Dress them down for running errands or up for a night on the town. Plus, they’re available in a wide range of colors: camel, tan, olive, black, burgundy, grey, and taupe.
While these booties definitely have that cowboy flair, we really like that they have their own style. If you’re interested in the cowboy trend but aren’t ready to fully commit, these are a great bootie to try.
3. Dingo Women's Adobe Rose Leather Boots
If you’re looking for a pair of short cowboy boots that have a more traditional look, you will love this pair from Dingo. They’re made of distressed natural leather uppers. The best thing about these boots are the little design accents that just make them unique and adorable. The sides of the boots have accent stitching that looks a bit like rope. At the top are a small cactus and moon cutout backed by the same color leather as the rest of the upper. The heel is about 2 inches high and goes with just about any outfit.
One great thing about these boots is that they come in a range of sizes and even include wide widths. You have a lot of color options, too. Choose from light brown, red, taupe, brown, and orange. Of all the boots we included in our recommendations, this is the pair that stays closest to the true cowboy style.
Remember, there are pros and cons to wearing short cowboy boots. But, at the end of the day, you can wear whatever you want! So, take a chance on short cowboy boots. You just might love them!